Click here to view Application
- Applicants must be children or grandchildren of members of the Fraternal Order of Police Texas
- For the purpose of undergraduate study at accredited colleges, universities and training institutes
- Applicants must be unmarried and under the age of 25 to receive the grant
- Must not have been convicted of a criminal act
- Grants to the designated institution may be used for room and board, tuition, library fees, textbooks and related instructional materials
- 5 (five) new awards will be given annually
Deadline for Submission: May 31st
- Minimum of two (2) letters from High School Teachers/Counselors, on letterhead with original signatures. If the applicant has already completed a college semester or is reapplying for a grant, letters of recommendation will be from Professors, Academic Advisors or Department Heads.
- Personal recommendation from an adult who is not a relative, with original signature.
- Autobiography to include career goals and plans. (optional if reapplying and has not changed)
- Certified High School and/or College transcripts showing a GPA of 3.0 or higher
- SAT or ACT scores (not needed if applicant has completed one year of college)
- Awards and Honors
- Extracurricular activities
- Work History
- All scholarships will be awarded by the Scholarship Committee.
- Applications of awarded recipients will be kept on file at the State FOP Office.
- Awards are not limited by race, color, creed, national origin or sex.